Installing PokerStars software on Linux with Wine
PokerStars doesn't provide binaries that run natively on Linux. But with the free software Wine it is possible to execute PokerStars on Linux. And here you will find a step by step tutorial of how to do that. Let's begin.
What do you need?
Seven steps to run PokerStars on Linux with Wine
- Open your shell
- Go to your Wine directory
:~> cd .wine
- Copy the PokerStars setup file to your Wine directory
:~> cp /home/user/PokerStarsInstall.exe /home/user/.wine
- Start the setup with Wine
:~> wine ./PokerStarsInstall.exe&
- Follow the instructions of the PokerStars setup. After the setup is complete, PokerStars starts the first time. Now you can create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
- Once installed, you can start PokerStars from the shell:
:~> wine "C:\Program Files\PokerStars\PokerStars.exe"
- or from the KDE menu (see screencast below)
That's it! Have fun and good luck!
Screencast of installing PokerStars on Linux
In the screencast below, you can see the installation of PokerStars on OpenSuse 11.1.
High quality movies
If you want to see the screencast in a higher quality, just download it in your favorite file format.